2016. This year was quite a beast. There were lots of great moments, and lots of terrible ones. Mostly for myself, I’m compiling a list of momentous things that happened in 2016 and a list of things I want to happen in 2017. Not binding myself to them, but reminding myself of who I want to be and where I want to be this upcoming year. I’m not constricting myself to any sort of time frame; I simply want to have a plan for how I want to live my life this year.
- I taught a high-school English class for the first time.
- I started writing poetry.
- My dog died.
- I wrote and defended my senior symposium.
- I was a youth intern for the second time.
- I had a Christmas party with my friend group.
- I found a good church home.
- My Granddad died.
- I presented poems at a conference.
- I took a class that changed my life.
- I got Netflix.
- I went to therapy for the first time.
- I discovered Hamilton.
- I made it through the most difficult season of life thus far.
- I got to work in the English department.
- I read so many books.
- I want to become a teacher.
- I want to live on my own.
- I want to travel.
- Read more.
- Listen more, talk less.
- Apologize less.
- Learn to grieve in a healthy way.
- Tell people how I really feel.